In an earlier post, I included a picture of our lot that showed a simple stake in the ground where our house was going to be. My wife and I drove by the development in the rain yesterday and snapped this picture:
It isn't a significant change, but it is certainly meaningful to us. At last, after four months of waiting, there is something to indicate our commitment to the community. We also noticed that much of the development, including our lot, has gained a coating of straw. Some parts of the site have also been given sheets of grass seed. If we get some good weather, I'll drive up to the development and take a few more pictures.
We went by there today, and they appear to have staked out the exterior boundaries of the house, including the detached garage. Everything seems okay, although the garage stakes seemed to indicate a rectangular garage instead of the square garage we chose. I'll have to go back out there this weekend with a measuring tape.